Your Privacy is Critically Important to Us
Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI) is located at:
311 N. Franklin Street Suite 200
Juneau, AK 99801, USA
1 (800) 478-2903
Like most website operators, ASMI collects non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. ASMI’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Alaska Seafood’s visitors use its website.
ASMI also collects potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users.
Gathering and Use of Personally Identifying Information
Certain visitors to ASMI’s websites choose to interact with ASMI in ways that require ASMI to gather personally identifying information. The amount and type of information that ASMI gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
ASMI does not automatically collect personally identifiable information from you as you visit our site. Personal information is collected only if you provide it voluntarily, through a form, email, telephone or in-person contact.
- We will limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes of responding to your requests.
- All information we collect will be by fair and lawful means.
- We will ensure that security safeguards are in place to protect your personal information in a manner appropriate to its sensitivity.
- We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes other than the purposes specified at time of collection, or without your prior consent.
- We will not share, sell, or otherwise distribute your personal information to any third party.
- Every effort is made to maintain the accuracy of your personal information, and at any time you have the right to notify ASMI and update your personal information. If you wish to change or update your personal information, please notify us in writing at [email protected].
- At any time, if you request, we will remove your personal information from our files.
- At any time, if you request, you have the right to copy, transfer, or move your information.
- At any time, if you request, you have the right to be informed how we have used your information.
- We will only use your information to improve the functioning of our website and respond to your direct requests.
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Chicory to power our recipe shopping experience. You can read more about how Chicory uses your Personal Information here: https://chicory.co/privacy-policy
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites, products or services.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
To enrich and perfect your online experience, ASMI uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
CloudFront is an Amazon Web Service (AWS) that speeds up distribution of static and dynamic web content, such as .html, .css, .js, and image files, to users. CloudFront delivers content through a worldwide network of data centers called edge locations. When a user requests content that served by CloudFront, the user is routed to the edge location that provides the lowest latency (time delay), so that content is delivered with the best possible performance.
If the content is already in the edge location with the lowest latency, CloudFront delivers it immediately.
If the content is not in that edge location, CloudFront retrieves it from an Amazon S3 bucket or an HTTP server (for example, a web server) that has been identified as the source for the definitive version of the content.
CloudFront captures information about each request that includes system logs which captures the following information: IP address, lat/long of the server which served the request, country and date and time. More information about AWS’s privacy practices can be found at https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/.
Google Tag Manager (GTM)